October 11, 2013

Hinkle Fieldhouse Dog House

Mini me?



























Graphic Design: Hinkle Fieldhouse Dog House
Michael Kaltenmark, my supervisor in Butler University's Web Marketing Department, convinced several local businesses to sponsor the building of a luxury dog house on wheels for Butler's live mascot, Blue III, or Trip. He envisioned a dog house reminiscent of the historic, Hinkle Fieldhouse. Michael trusted me to make his vision reality. Utilizing Adobe Illustrator and images of Hinkle as a model, I created a simplified version of the infamous structure. My artwork was then sent to a printer who specializes in car wraps. He then transformed my artwork into giant stickers and applied them to the walls of the dog house. The final product, depicted above, was featured in Butler's 2013 Homecoming Parade, Fall 2013 Art Now, and resides in Butler's Bookstore for all to enjoy when it's not being utilized by official Butler mascot, Blue III.

No comments:

Post a Comment