March 25, 2014

Fair Housing Center of Central Indiana Conference Look

Final Design























My Personal Design Preference (Runner-Up)



























FHCCI Conference Look
I was hired as a freelance designer to create a look for the 2nd Annual Fair Housing Conference, hosted by the Fair Housing Center of Central Indiana (FHCCI). I competed against another artist for the final project, and was victorious. As a result, my design will be used as the conference program cover and for various marketing materials. In addition, the background will be utilized for the event's signage.

When given the opportunity to create this cover, I instantly gravitated toward my passion, graphic design and branding. At the center of any successful branding campaign is a strong logo. First, I began by creating a logo to explicitly express FHCCI's mission by modifying the text to incorporate an equal sign and house into the word "equal" itself and added the word "housing" underneath for clarification. The background combines layered images of different types of housing, which literally build a strong community, and hands of various races, which figuratively build a strong community. As the layered shades of brown create a strong composition, different races work together to build an enduring community.

No comments:

Post a Comment